Reid, a Washington Post correspondent, explores health-care systems around the world and asks and works to answer the following questions:
- why is American the only developed economy that does not provide health care to all its citizens?
- why does American spend 2x per capita on health care while leaving 45m uninsured?
- should health care be considered a right or a privilege?
- why are administrative costs 4% of spend in France and 20% of spend in the US?
- why is the US 23rd out of 23rd in life expectancy over 60 amongst developed nations?
- hows does health care work in Germany, France, Spain, the UK, Japan....?
The transcript of his interview with Betty Bowser can be found here.