Thursday, March 13, 2008

Moving from Humwin to Widgetbox

I am pleased to report that, as of today, I have joined Widgetbox as CEO.

HWVP seeded Widgetbox in April of 2006, and I have steadily grown in confidence in the market, team, and opportunity. The company is an anchor tenant in the web widget marketplace and it will be fun to stay in touch with you all as I move onto a new and exciting chapter in life.

While my six years in venture provided amazing exposure to great teams, companies, and learning, I felt compelled to try my hand, once again, on the operating side. The confluence of my personal aspirations and the quality of the Widgetbox board, investors, team, and market made this an opportunity I could not afford to pass up.

If you have the interest and time, I covered my reasons for the move via a guest post on Techcrunch today.

For those of you who read my blog for insights into the venture business, thank you for reading and commenting on my thoughts to date. From today, the blog will focus on my transition to an operating role, the consumer Internet space, the world of web widgets, and my mistakes and learnings as I look to work with my colleagues at Widgetbox in building a great company.

It should be fun!

9 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you. Your notes have made a direct benefit to my development and I look forward to your thoughts from management.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Will, hope you remember your classmate. It seems that there are different opinions about widgets (like in any new things). I think there is something about widgets. Good luck, and let's chat some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:56 AM

    Congratulations and good luck, Will!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the new operational role. i was just told about widgetbox a few days back and i will revisit their site now that you have announced this. best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Will! This must be an exciting time for you.

    Good luck for the journey ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:14 AM

    This is terrific and best on congrats! I did not know that you had gone to Hummer Winblad from Pequot but clearly this was an excellent move and a far better platform to demonstrate your full capabilities with a "more enlightened" team. Best of good luck and success with Widgetbox.

    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Will,

    Congratulations. Best of luck with the new endeavour.

    Regards,

    Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. frankly speaking when i saw your blog i thought it would be dull but your content is fantastic. Really worth reading and sharing. I have forward your blog to my frnd he is thank ful.

    keep posting

    reg
    rushitshah.com

    http://www.rushitshah.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the move. We went to Oxy together, and I work at Bite, Widgetbox's PR agency, so hope to cross paths again.

    ReplyDelete